Rosebud County Rural Addressing

Why do I need a Rural Address?
Rural Addressing is needed for 911 purposes. When a call is placed to 911 from your land line phone your location is automatically popped up on a screen in dispatch at the sheriff's office. They are then able to direct what ever emergency service to your location.

What if I don't have a land line?
You still need to have a physical address, so it can be given to dispatch and they can search for the address in the system and then direct emergency services to your location.

Who else uses my physical address?
Physical address are used by shipping company's (Fed ex, UPS etc.) When you order from the internet the vender verifies your address is a reliable shippable address.

How do I get a physical address if I don't have one?
You can contact the Rural Addressing office at:

Rosebud County Rural Addressing
110 S. 12th
PO Box 962
Forsyth MT, 59327

406-351-1344 cell
request to Amy Adler, Rural Addressing Coordinator.