We will be posting updates concerning how the COVID-19 is affecting our county.
Thank you for your help and patience during these difficult times.
To help protect you and our staff the District Court and Clerk of Court’s office will require a mask or face covering to be worn by the public accessing the Third Floor of the Rosebud County Courthouse until further notice.
If you have any questions please call 346-7322.
Rosebud County is participating in the state wide ALL MAIL BALLOT FOR PRIMARY ELECTION.
Ballots are going out in the mail May 8th.
Below is the Primary Election Condensed Sample Ballot for Rosebud County.
Ballots will be mailed out Friday, May 8th to all Active Registered Voters in Rosebud County.
Welcome to Rosebud County
Rosebud County was established on February 1, 1901 and is located in Southeastern Montana covering approximately 5,027 square miles (5,010 square miles is land and 17 square miles is water). The county Courthouse was built in Forsyth in 1912. Rosebud County is Montana’s twenty-second most populous county, with an estimated population of 9,329 as of the latest census.
Other cities and towns in Rosebud County include Angela, Ashland, Birney, Colstrip, Hathaway, Ingomar, Lame Deer, Rosebud, and Sumatra. A large portion of the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation lies within Rosebud County.
- Rosebud County is the fourth largest County by land area in the State of Montana.
- Topography of Rosebud County is mostly rolling with small hills. Elevations range from 1500 feet above sea level near the Yellowstone River to 4200 feet in the southern portion of the County near Ashland, adjacent to Custer National Forest.
- The County’s leading source of income are from agriculture, tourism, railroad, coal mining and electrical generation.
- There are 1,165 miles of County road.
- Medical facilities are located in Ashland, Lame Deer, Colstrip and Forsyth.
Justice Court will not be held in Ashland. All cases will be rescheduled for May 20th.
Please call 406-346-2638 for any questions or concerns.