|Cook - Forsyth
|Cook - Colstrip
The Council on Aging is an advisory group to the County Commissioners. The Council assesses the needs of elderly residents in the county and plans projects for the benefit of senior citizens. They work to coordinate services with the Area 1 Agency on Aging offices at Action for Eastern Montana in Glendive. Funding is provided through federal, state and county sources, as well as by the contributions of the clients using the programs.
Senior Citizens Programs
Monday thru Friday @ 12 noon
Seniors must call any time before 9:30am if they would like to have that days meal.
$4 /meal is the suggested donation for Seniors.
Any guest under the age of 60 is required to pay $7 /meals.
- Forsyth – at the Senior Center, 1060 Cedar Street – MARCH ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE FORSYTH & FORSYTH MENU MARCH 2024
- Colstrip – at the Senior Center, 303 Willow Ave – COLSTRIP ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE AND FOOD MENU
- Ashland – at Heritage Living Center, 5982 Tongue River Road
- Blood Pressures
- Flu Shot Clinics
- Foot Clinics- temporarily cancelled until further notice. Please contact your local Public Health office to schedule an appointment if needed.
- Services are available to and from Billings (Tuesdays) and Miles City (Thursdays) for Medical appointments.
All passengers must be conscious of schedules when utilizing the Senior Citizens Center transportation services.
All passengers are required to be capable to get in and out of the vehicle without physical assistance. Seniors who have special needs, physically or mentally, will need to be accompanied by a family member or helper. Behavior deemed inappropriate by the Rosebud County Senior Citizens Department staff may result in a temporary or permanent ban from our services. Suggested donation is $20 for transportation to/from Billings and $15 to/from Miles City.
- Provide respite to main caregiver or personal care to individual
- Food Assistance: CSFP (Commodity Supplemental Food Program)
This program works to improve the health of low-income persons at least 60 years of age by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA Foods.
States establish income limits for the elderly that are at or below 130 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. A senior citizen must fill out an application and if they fit the income guidelines will received a CSFP food package.
CSFP packages do not provide a complete diet, but rather are good sources of the nutrients typically lacking in the diets of the beneficiary population.
- Senior Companions provide assistance to older adults who have difficulty with tasks for daily living, such as shopping or paying bills, accompany them to a doctor appointment, accompany them to social events, read and write letters, run errands or just provide friendship for their clients.
Senior Companions must be 55 years of age and meet the income guide lines for the Federal Grant.Anyone over 60 can have a companion if there is one available to be paired with. The Senior Companion and the client decide on what activities they will do, what days they will meet and how many hours they will spend together.Please call our office for more information.
State Health Insurance Assistance
- We offer insurance counseling and assistance for Medicare Part D the second Tuesday of each month. You can call our office to schedule a personal and confidential appointment with our specialist.