Clerk & Recorder
|Joan K. Duffield||Clerk & Recorder/Election Administratoremail@example.com|
|Kallie DeCock||Deputy Recorderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sally Wanner||Deputy Clerkemail@example.com|
Beginning July 1st Birth Certificates will be $8 per certified copy and Death Certificates will be $5 per certified copy
The job of the Rosebud County Clerk and Recorder is to:
- Record and file documents
- Process claims and issue all warrants
- Process county Payroll/Human Services
- Maintaining monthly accounting, a complete set of fiscal books, & preparing the annual report
- Keep all Employee records, insurance
- Prepare and maintain the annual County budget
Who can order a Birth Certificate?
Only those authorized by 50-15-121 MCA and 37.8.126 ARM, which includes the registrant (14 years old or older), the registrant’s spouse, children (with proof of relationship), parents, grandparents (with proof of relationship), a caretaker relative, guardian, an authorized representative, or those who provide documentation showing it is needed for determination or protection of the individuals personal or property rights. Proof of relationship, guardianship, caretaker relative, or authorization is required to obtain a certify copy of a birth record.
Step-relatives, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, ex-spouses, and a natural parent of an adoptive child are not eligible to receive a certified copy of a birth certificate.
$5 per certified copy, make checks payable to”Clerk and Recorder”
Persons born in the state of Montana after 1920 can obtain their birth certificates at any Clerk & Recorders office in the state.
Who can order a Death Certificate?
Complete copies of a certified death certificate will be issued to anyone who submits a completed application, establishes their identity, and lists the reason for needing the copy. If a death certificate lists the cause of death as “pending autopsy” or “pending investigation”, a certified copy which has the cause of death information removed will be issued.
$3 per certified copy, make checks payable to”Clerk and Recorder”
Death certificates can be obtained at any Montana Clerk & Recorders office in the state for deaths after 2003. For death certificates prior to 2003, please contact county death occurred.
Document Standards: 7-4-2636 MCA, 7-4-2637 MCA
- Documents must be legibly printed or typed in black in at least 10-point typeface, not including the signature, on white paper of not less than 20-pound weight, each page of which must be separated and have dimensions of either 81/2 X 11 inches or 81/2 X 14 inches.\
- Provide the names of the parties to the conveyance on the first or second page of any document with more than one page.
- Provide a legal description of the property.
- At least a 3-inch margin at the top of the first page, and at least a 1-inch at the top all subsequent pages. At least a 1-inch margin on the bottom of each page, and at least 1/2 inch on the sides of each page.
- Include the name and mailing address of the person to whom the document is to be returned in the margin in the upper left-hand corner of the first page of each document submitted and may include legibly printed in ink or typed. This must be within the 3 inch top margin and between the 1/2 side margins.
Fees for Recording
- $ 7.00 per page for documents that meet the above requirements
- $10.00 Document Fee if document does not meet the above requirements and $7.00 for each page.
- Filed Documents are $5.00
Rosebud County now has recorded & filed documents available on line.
Search, download and print Clerk & Recorder documents at IDocMarket.