Superintendent of Schools
|Lisa Blevins||Superintendent of Schoolsemail@example.com|
Administrative Duties of the County Superintendent of School
- Carry out duties prescribed by the legislature, Board of Public Education and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- As a county government official and county school officer, provide general supervision of public schools in the county.
- Assist trustees with school supervision.
- Advise and direct teachers on instruction, pupil discipline and other duties of the teacher.
- Visit schools at the request of the trustees.
- Consult with the trustees on all school matters that may be found during observation of the school or may otherwise cone to their attention.
- Provide for supervision to any school with an enrollment of fewer than 150 students and not under the supervision of district superintendent or principal.
- Administer oaths of office to trustees.
- Provide other services to districts that fall within the scope of the statutes
- Promote educational growth and improvement.
Hear and decide all matters of controversy arising as a result of decisions of the trustees of a district in the county.
As Chief County School Financial Officer calculate budgets and levies for the following:
- General Fund
- Transportation Fund
- Retirement Fund
- Tuition Fund
- Bus depreciation
- Adult Education
- Debt Service
- Building Reserve.
- Certify district ANB
- Compile annual financial report
- Distribute County Equalization revenues.
- Chairman of the County Transportation Committee
- Member of the High School Boundary Commission of the County
- Attendance officer for a district under prescribed conditions.
Record all official acts:
- School District Organization
- School District Alteration
- School District Abandonment
- Establishment of Nominating Districts
- Distribution of Federal and State Revenue
- Teacher Supervision and Evaluation
- School Controversies/ Hearings
- County Transportation Committee Acts
Record and Preserve Records:
- Attendance Agreements
- Transportation Contracts
- Student Enrollment/Attendance Records
- Fall Reports
- Election Data
- Student Records
- Preliminary/Final Budgets
- Trustee Annual Reports
- School District Audits
- Personal Records
- Home School Registrations
- Register All Professional Certificates
- Bus Driver Certificates
- Bus Inspection Certificates
- Clerk Appointments
- Trustee’s Certificate of Election
- Trustee’s Oath of Office
Home School Information
- Parent information letter update
- Home School Notification Directions
- Home School Notification Form
- Home School Sign off on Federal Programs
- Montana Home School Laws
- Additional Home School Information
- Federal Programs Available to Home School Families
Forms and Documents
- Constitution of the Montana Association of County School Superintendents
- Montana HiSETR Exam Requirements